This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Travel documents


Travel documents
Lost or Stolen Passports
In the event of a lost or stolen passport, the holder has to bring a police report of lost/stolen passport, issued by the relevant Police Station.

In case the applicant is in an emergency situation and has no time to wait for the necessary authorisation from the Italian Police and/or the Consulate that issued the lost/stolen passport, this Consulate General will issue an ETD or "Emergency Travel Document" valid only for a few days to return to Italy or to the country of residence. In this case, it is possible that some countries may accept the ETD only after issuing a visa. To obtain a travel document, an applicant must appear in person with the following documents:

- Police report obtained from the Police Station of the place where the loss or theft took place;

- 2 passport-sized pictures (facing-forward and white/light blue background);

- Any document of identity such as an Identity Card or a Driving License, if available

- Travel Document fee (to be paid in cash in HK$). 

 Declaration for accompanied minors